CeMAP Certificate in Mortgage Advice (Module 1, 2 & 3)
Drive your career forward and plunge into the world of mortgage advice, with this complete package of learning support materials that will help to prepare you for CeMAP – an industry leading course that over 80% of mortgage advisors have achieved. The property market would not be as easily navigated if it wasn’t for the mortgage advisors that can help property buyers along their home buying journey. The combination of regulations, standards, interest rates and mortgage products that are available is nothing short of a minefield for anyone that doesn’t have the know-how, which is why the mortgage advice profession is such a crucial one. Join the wealth of mortgage advisors that work across the country, both for businesses and for themselves; sign up for this course and you will walk away with a knowledge that will allow you to practice mortgage advice professionally.
Learn at Home, At Your Own Pace
This course contains learning support materials for the three mandatory papers that make up the syllabus – everything you need to become proficient with CeMAP. It’s delivered solely online, so you can study whenever it suits you. It can be difficult to make time for study when your days are packed with existing work and home commitments, but with the option to study at your own pace, you will be more likely to complete the course. Expect to require an average of 60 hours to complete the course, from start to finish, there’s no need to panic that these 60 hours will have to be crammed into a few weeks!
The course also provides tutor support, which will encourage you to build confidence, and has a higher chance of helping you achieve your goals. This tutor support is provided via Mentor+ a mentoring platform particularly designed to help with answering questions. Mentor+ will give you access to forums, FAQ’s, additional supporting resources and information to support your study and help you understand the course better.
Provide Professional Mortgage Advice
Once you have completed the CeMAP qualification (or a suitable FCA approved QCF Level 3 equivalent) you will be ready to offer your professional mortgage advice services. You may choose to apply for a job in a financial institution or professional practice, or you may prefer to set up your own, independent business to provide a freelance service and be your own boss. Whatever you choose, this course can help you to fulfil your dreams and move forward towards a better future as a professional mortgage advisor.
To become a professional Mortgage Adviser, you need to hold a qualification approved by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). CeMAP is an FCA approved qualification awarded by The London Institute of Banking & Finance and £175 per paper additional fees are payable to them in order to sit the exams and achieve this qualification.
Key Learning Points
While it is possible to complete the three papers individually, at various stages in a learning career, this training package includes all of the material that you will need to pass the course and so would suit individuals who would like to work through the syllabus without pause.
- Explore the structure and purpose of the UK financial services industry and the products that can be offered.
- Get to grips with some of the legal concepts that mortgage advisors, and property buyers, may face during the purchasing process, and learn how to offer advice and solutions if issues arise.
- Understand the concepts of inflation, interest rates, FCA regulation, anti-money laundering rules and adhering to the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Learn the ins and outs of the mortgage process, including the types of borrower, the types of mortgage product, the Mortgage Conduct of Business rules and legislation, the role of the mortgage advisor and the fees that can be charged, and the various interest rates that can be applied.
- Understand the need for valuations and surveys and how these can affect the mortgage application process.
- Learn how to deal with breaches of the Mortgage deed, including non-payments of the mortgage and building insurance, and the legal rights of the lender should non-payment occur. Learn how the consumers can be assisted if they struggle to meet a payment.
- Understand the mortgage application process, including the definition of gazumping and gazundering, and the implications that these can have on the property buyer.
- Learn about the main features of the common mortgage options, and their interest rates, so that you can relay them to consumers in layman’s terms.
- Relate all of the knowledge that you have learned to realistic scenarios, applying mortgage solutions that adhere to the ethical and regulatory framework.
Advantages of this course
- All of the learning resources that you need to gain the complete understanding of this course are in this one package.
- Extra support is available: ask experts, revision notes and specimen papers.
- Diverse range of learning aids, including interactive simulations, tutorials, exercises and self-assessments, to ensure you remain engaged with the syllabus and retain the information.
- Everything you need to pass the three papers that make up the full CeMap® Mortgage Advice and Practice study – a course
- Improve your job prospects and become a professional mortgage advisor.
While homebuyers step onto the property ladder, you could be stepping onto the career ladder of a profession that has excellent prospects – take that first step today!
Salary range chart
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 9 or above
Safari 6 or above