IOSH Working Safely (Virtual Classroom)
|IOSH working safely||Virtual||19-04-2021||1 Day||£225|
|IOSH working safely||Virtual||17-05-2021||1 Day||£225|
|IOSH working safely||Virtual||14-06-2021||1 Day||£225|
|IOSH working safely||Virtual||19-07-2021||1 Day||£225|
|IOSH working safely||Virtual||31-08-2021||1 Day||£225|
Explore the fundamentals of health and safety in the workplace in this basic introductory course, which is accredited by Europe's leading health and safety body, The Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH). The course is a fantastic opportunity for students to equip themselves with a set of essential skills and knowledge that can be applied across a broad range of industries and sectors.
Each module identifies key learning outcomes, and this Virtual Classroom training course has been designed to help students develop their knowledge-base, and understand how to practically apply what they have learnt within a workplace context.
Key Learning Points
This course is designed to promote basic awareness of health and safety best practice, so that students can:
- Recognise the need to work safely.
- Take preventative action and implement precautionary measure so as to not put themselves or others at risk.
- Recognise the importance of taking the appropriate precautions to prevent any health and safety issues from arising in the workplace.
- Use appropriate workplace precautions and preventative measures in order to create a healthy, safe and sustainable working environment.
- Understand emergency procedures and accident plans in their place of work, and ensure that individual responsibilities are clearly understood in the event of a health and safety incident.
- Appreciate how industry affects the environment, and list the ways in which individuals can minimise pollution and waste.
Upon successful completion of the course, employees can:
- Define the terms hazard, risk and risk controls and learn how it applies in a workplace context.
- Explain the consequences to both the individual and their organisation/business if they fail to adhere to health and safety regulation.
- Explain the importance of risk assessment in a workplace context.
- Describe examples of everyday use of risk assessment and understand how to practically apply it in a workplace context.
- Describe a health and safety management system.
- Follow the appropriate lines of communication with respect to health and safety in their place of work.
- Recognise and understand the meaning of safety signs and signals.
- Report any health and safety accidents and/or incidents and know how, and who to, report to.
The course ends with a short 20 minute, multiple-choice questionnaire comprising of 10 questions and a hazard spotting exercise to ensure that students have fully grasped the course syllabus.
- Once you complete your Working Safely course you will automatically move on to the exam and the hazard spotting exercise.
- The Working Safely exam consists of 10 question multiple choice questions and a hazard spotting exercise.
- You can not purchase a certificate without passing the exam and by passing the exam and assessment, it generates a certificate.
- Once your exam and hazard spotting exercise is successfully completed, you will gain an accredited IOSH Certificate directly from IOSH
Advantages of this course
- Introduces the basics of safe working practices for those working in a broad range of sectors and industries.
- Upon successful completion of a short 20 minute test consisting of 10 questions and a practical hazard spotting exercise, students are awarded the IOSH certificate in Working Safely.
IOSH Training is delivered by Santia consulting in partnership with E-Careers.
After the advice given by the Government, NHS and WHO, we have taken the appropriate measures to ensure the safety of all our delegates attending our classrooms and events. This has been, and always will be, our number one priority.
We wanted to reassure you that all our scheduled classrooms and events will still be running. However, we will be now be offering them Virtually.
This decision to move all learning to Virtual and to offer support remotely has been taken to protect delegates and trainers. This allows delegates to continue their learning and for trainers to maintain the same level of service.
Because the situation is changing daily, we will do our best to provide you with the most up-to-date information, and this will be communicated via our website or email.
For anyone with queries regarding classrooms you are about to attend, please contact us on email@example.com or +44 (0) 02 3198 7706.
Please stay safe.